|basic cheese with pesto|
(click the image to enlarge)
This cheese was made the same way as the BASIC CHEESE, but after fermentation there was added pine nut pesto layer into it.
1) Place prepared earlier basic cheese or fermented cheese cream in the freezer. Keep it in the cloth and if it is not holding its shape yet in the mold.
2) When it freezes peel off the cloth and cut the frozen cheese all the way through horizontally in two equal parts
3) spread evenly a layer of pesto on the bottom part and cover it with the top part.
4) Wrap it in a fresh cheese cloth and place in the mold to make sure that it doesn't loose its shape.
5) Put it in refrigerator.
Let it stay there till it is completely defrosted and the layer of pesto evenly fills the gap between the top and bottom parts of the wheel.
6) It can be kept in refrigerator just like the basic cheese in order to get it firmer by changing each day its cheese cloth wrap.
INGREDIENTS FOR PESTO:
- pine nuts
- a clove of garlic sliced
PREPARATION OF PESTO:
place all the ingredients into a small food processor and let them turn into a spread like paste, which still contains some visible particles of nuts and basil.